Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crafts during tax season?

OK, so I couldn't help myself. I saw this rock for 3 weeks across from one of my clients homes. It was so round that it couldn't withstand the snow and just rolled out onto the cul-de-sac. That was last November. I just knew I had to make it into a Volleyball for Kari. I am not trying to brag... I just think its really awesome. I felt a little bad about giving Kari a rock for her birthday but It makes a great doorstop and an great conversation maker. It even has the hole on the bottom where you "inflate" it. I wouldn't try actually using it though as you might break a limb. Its almost as big as an actual ball and weighs atleast 10-12 pounds.

The girls birthdays were great! I couldn't tell you in the last post but we threw Kari a surprise party after Texas Roadhouse. There were quite a few kids from her new ward there and they played games and got to know each other better. This last weekend we threw a party at the house for Amanda and her friends. It was crazy to be tripping over the estrogen all night of all those 13 yr. old girls. The noise level was unbelievable. They had a great time watching High School Musical 3 and paused during the kissing scenes to laugh hysterically. I know...you feel sorry for me right?

At the same time this party was happening, we had another party going on in the side yard for Alaina....she's our surrogate daughter for the time being. She was in charge of her Morp Dinner so we made do the best we could. It was nice out there with the picnic table, patio lights, BBQ Grill, & a Bon Fire in the Fire Pot. Needless to say I was pretty tired by the time everything settled down.

Kari spent that day with her college film class producing a new movie. They will be busy filming over the next month and then she has her own movie to film the end of March. Can't wait to see how that turns out. Jake is doing well, he is still at the MTC recovery from surgery and is extremely anxious to get to Idaho. He is a zone leader and helps to run the Call Center - Spanish Speaking. Kari says "3 months down - 21 to go...he's almost home Mom!" What a silly girl.

Kirt is anxious to get out on the Lake, all he talks about is the boat and fishing. I shake my head but I am really glad he is learning to "play" after all these years. As for me, its tax season....time is definately precious. I did manage to sneek in my Visiting Teaching this month - shocker! Each day is another day closer to April 15th and then watch out Lake here we come!

So I have learned this February that even when you're mondo-busy....you can accomplish amazing things. I can find time to paint a rock, throw 2 parties at the same time, Give birth to a new 18yr. old daughter, learn about the legal system, get my visiting teaching done, and still do the accounting! I may be almost 42...but I can still learn new tricks!

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

And you found time to blog as well! A big shout out to you!

Sharibugs said...

Well, I did that at work...nothing amazing about that except I gave up money in order to do it! LOL
But thanks for the pat on the back those are always nice.