Friday, January 23, 2009

New Jams

Don't you just love a new pair of jammies? I do. Why is that? I can only speculate. Slipping into a new pair of jammies is similar to that first time you slip into a clean set of sheets.
(Sheets must be more than 220 thread count in this instance.. so the spiderman sheets from Kmart wouldn't apply here) Its just refreshing, soothing, and like you treated yourself to something extra special. Not that I don't clean my sheets often..ha ha But considering the amount of time I have spent at the office lately taking care of peoples Quarterly payroll returns, W-2's, 1099's, sales tax reports, and monthly accounting...I decided I deserved the splurge. I even bought a new pair of extra-thick slippers to match. So last night I came home from work and snuggled into my jammies by 8:00pm. It felt like I was taking a trip to the spa! I left the dirty dishes in the sink even...and laid around all night! YAHOO!!! And yes, I slept like a BABY...then I woke up today
and went to work again. .................Sigh!

I wish every day could be new jammie day!

1 comment:

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Amen, sista. My favorite jammies are my long, satin ones. I only get to use them in the winter and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I want 10 pairs. Good for you, lounging about. It's good for the soul.